+44 (0)77 1772 3753
Sean is a Corporate and Commercial lawyer advising companies, directors, entrepreneurs and stakeholders on a broad range of issues, including cross-border M&A, private equity deals, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and commercial agreements.
After studying a double degree in Law (LLB) and Finance (BEc) Sean previously worked with global advisory firms KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers and has a comprehensive knowledge of the legal and commercial issues commonly encountered by his clients.
He also serves as Non-Executive Director and Company Secretary of several successful businesses in areas including construction, mining, media and technology with the purpose of shaping and influencing their strategic growth, directing and implementing business critical change, and realising corporate visions, goals and shareholder value. The in-depth commercial experience he has gained as a Non-Executive Director has been a significant advantage to his clients and the ‘valued-added’ advice he can provide.
Sean’s experience includes:
- advising and negotiating key contracts and frameworks concerning the construction of HS1 and HS2
- advising on joint venture consortium in the construction and infrastructure sectors
- advising upon restructure of US$200m intra-group debt facilities of multi-national group of companies
- acting for a global soft drinks company on a restructure of its food businesses;
- advising a London Stock Exchange listed company on its share restructure and fundraising
- advising a telecommunications company on its £40m Guaranteed Convertible Loan Note
- representing the interests of a global sports company and negotiating key contracts with the Gauteng Provincial Government of South Africa in the lead up to the FIFA World Cup 2010, and conducting similar negotiations with the Sao Paulo Government of Brazil
- advising a listed-PLC travel group on its strategic acquisition of several travel companies on behalf of one of the world’s largest travel groups
Sean was invested as an Honorary Knight of the Round Table in 2006 and was granted the Freedom of the City of London in 2008. He is currently engaged on several projects in mining, construction, media and technology.