+44 (0)75 5151 8232
Matthew qualified in 1991 and has always worked either in the City or Central London. He has an excellent reputation in the market as a professional negligence lawyer.
As it’s CEO and Chairman Matthew has formerly managed a 25 partner city law firm. He has also managed business sections in Sports, Banking, Property, and IT.
Matthew has been involved in notable high-profile high value complex litigation involving Limitation Periods (banks/sport), Appeals from Arbitration (pensions), Causation (banks), Unlawful Interference with Contracts (film stars/magazines/sport), Professional Negligence (banks/sports/property/legal), fraud (banks/sport/retail/IFA’s) and Commercial Agents (USA micro-chip manufacturers, and fashion importers).
During his career Matthew has been a strong advocate of using the best resources to get the job done. This involves working closely with third parties that operate in and support the legal sector in terms of specialist barristers, e-disclosure, finance, insurance, insolvency, and IT. To relax, Matthew mountain bikes in the Welsh Mountains and Valleys with regular trips to the Alps for that something extra. Matthew is a member of British Cycling, Kings Hill Rotary Club, and the Bigfoot Cycle Club.
Matthew’s reported cases include:
- Mortgage Corporation v Lambert & Co & Thomas Stanbury  Lloyds Rep PN 624
- Universal Cycles PLC v Grangebriar Ltd LTL 9/2/2000
- Jeffries (a firm) v Southend United Football Club  CACivD
- Tesco Stores Ltd v Southend United Football Club  CACivD
- SEB Trygg Holding AB v Manches  EWCA Civ 1237
- DEMCO Investments & Commercial SA & ors v SE Banken Forsakring Holding Aktiebolag  EWHC 1398 (Comm)
- Douglas v Hello! Ltd (No.3) EWHC 55 (Ch)
- Langston Group Corporation v Cardiff City Football Club Limited  EWHC 535 (Ch), 2008 WL 833542
- Russell v Stone  EWHC 1555 (TCC)
- White v PSM Residential Finance Ltd  EWHC 1925 (TCC)
- Bank of Ireland v Philip Pank Partnership  EWHC 284 (TCC)
- Bank of Ireland v Colliers International UK Plc (In Administration)  EWHC 2942 (Ch)
- Bank of Ireland v McQuaid County Court (Middlesbrough)  9 WLUK 55
- Claramoda Ltd v Zoomphase Ltd (t/a Jenny Packham) QBD (Mercantile)  EWHC 2857 (Comm)