With geographical boundaries breaking down and joint ventures on the up, there has been a noticeable uptick in the number of disputes which are being determined by way of arbitration. Arbitration has several advantages over High Court Litigation including:
- Private: unlike High Court Litigation whose records and Judgement are public.
- Flexible: The parties agree the mechanism of the dispute in advance allowing for a blending of procedures which can bring in the best of common and civil law procedures.
- Choice: The parties get to choose their own Arbitrators, rather than having a particular Judge imposed upon them by the Court.
- Easy Enforcement: following Brexit, and given the wide ranging take up of the New York convention it is now often easier and quicker to enforce an arbitration decision abroad than an English Court Judgement.
Want to know more?
Speak to Chris
We are experienced at undertaking arbitrations both ad hoc and through the main arbitration institutions including:
- The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNICTRAL)
- Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- International Chambers of Commerce (ICC)
Our arbitration experience spans numerous sectors including:
- construction and engineering
- infrastructure and energy
- international sale of goods
- transport and shipping
- finance and insurance
Whatever the dispute we are focused on helping you achieve your objectives and always ensure that the strategies that we put in place are designed to achieve these. We understand that you are not just instructing us to take you through the process but also to achieve results and we ensure we do everything that we can to deliver.
Funding & financial assistance
We work closely with the litigation funding and after the event insurance markets and so can often put together financing packages to alleviate some (or in some cases all) of the financial burden of what can be expensive, high stake and large value disputes.
For more details on our funding packages please click here or call us to discuss.